Document Attestation/ Power of Attorney
- Power of Attorney
Power of attorney service can be availed by either of the following methods:
- Signing the power of attorney documents in front of the Consular Officer of Bangladesh High Commission; or
- Signing the power of attorney documents in front of a Notary Public, and attesting it the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Korea
NB: In case of obtaining the power of attorney regarding land property in Bangladesh, the document signed by the Embassy must be counter signed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka prior to its use.
Requirements for signing the document before the High Commission’s Consular Officer:
- Applicant’s physical presence at the High Commission is necessary;
- Before coming to the Embassy, the document must remain unsigned;
- The executant must present a valid Bangladesh passport.
- One (01) copy passport size photograph for executants and one (01) copy of passport size photo for attorney.
- Original and/or Photocopy of proof of relationship between the applicant/executant(s) and the person to whom the power of attorney is given (passport/Birth Certificate/Marriage Certificate/etc.).
- One (1) photograph of each executant must be endorsed with the document by the Notary Public;
- After signing it, the document has to be authenticated by the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Attorney’s photograph must be endorsed by the applicant (s) in front of the consular officer;
No specific form is available for power of attorney;
Fee: KRW 10,000 for each page to be attested.
- Attestation of Documents
We attest different kinds of documents that include, among others, educational certificates/marksheets/transcripts, marriage certificate, birth/Death certificate, marital status certificate, guardianship certificate, Police Clearance Certificate, commercial documents, bank statements, Power of Attorney, translated documents, etc.
To have your documents attested by the Embassy, all documents must be attested by either the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dhaka or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Seoul.
To obtain the attestation of a photo copy of the original document, applicant should submit the photocopy along with original copy. For signature attestation , the individual must come in person with valid passport and a passport size photograph.
Fee (Non-refundable): KRW 9000 per page (For foreigners), KRW 10,000 (For Bangladeshis)
Delivery time: 4.30 pm – 5.00 pm